got my gs30 today.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southarkansascutter, Jun 8, 2004.

1. southarkansascutter

southarkansascutter LawnSite Member

I picked up my JD GS30 today..... kinda impressed with it....haven't got to mow with it...it has been raining in South Arkansas for the last couple of days....I have been playing with it in the driveway....I can tell it will take some getting used to.......Not quite ready to put the sulky on it yet....
    when the rain stops I will have to use it on most of my accounts.... What gear do most of you guys running belt drives cut in???? pulling a sulky?????

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

When I has my GS75 Deeres I would mow in 3rd or slower and use the faster gears for transport. You may find it easier to learn with the sulky on.

3. southarkansascutter

southarkansascutter LawnSite Member

I am looking forward to trying it out the first day that it doesn't rain ...the extent of me running it ....was in the pouring rain....do you think it will be easier to learn hoe to run eith the sulky on???? reverse took a little while to get used to.....

2 Shindaiwa t231's
    Jd edger
    Sthil handheld blower
    Shind EB 630 b/p blower
    12ft trailer.....

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

It was easier for me.

5. protouchlawn

protouchlawn LawnSite Member

I bought a new GS-30 in April and I love it. I will tell you to bite the bullet and get some type of sulky or velke NOW. You cannot utilize the full potential of this mower without one. If you try to mow in3rd gear without one you will just about have to trot without one. I am 6'4" and long-strided and I could not keep up with it comfortably in 3rd gear. I got a single wheel velke the second week and it made all the difference in the world. They are tough little dudes and the more you use it the more you will like it. I plan on getting another one in the next 30 days if I add another guy.