Got my license and my truck!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by pattytastik, Sep 8, 2011.

1. pattytastik

pattytastik LawnSite Senior Member

I got my license today on first attempt!! I went straight to State farm and then to AAA and got all the paperwork and stuff in order, and went to drive my 2002 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 for the first time! Oh man is she awesome!

Here are some pictures:

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats! Wow now I feel old
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. h2oskier

h2oskier LawnSite Senior Member

Keep it between the lines,and congrats to you. Now that you have your freedom, there becomes added responsibility, just stay safe. Not that im trying to be your paw just safety minded.
  4. ZMAX

ZMAX LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

you should see how fast that truck can go
  5. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Nice ride! Now, I just hope we don't see you on a future episode of "Parking Wars". :)
  6. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

That makes 2 of us! And really, I guess I'm not even that old!

Congrats and drive safe!
  7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Gezz, I guess I need to retire and quit driving. hahaha

Congratulations. Did you talk to the Agent about the proper insurance for your truck? If you have the trailer hooked up and are in a accident, they will deny your claim and you could be sued for damages if you're doing commerce for money. It automatically becomes commercial and you'll need commercial insurance. Just a heads up. Might as well do it NOW rather then later.
  8. Jeremiah Dyke

Jeremiah Dyke LawnSite Member

This is a great point. I recently rear-ended a women who complained of back injury and needed to be carted off by the EMT. I thought for sure I was going to be sued but the insurance covered it all and even promised to pay if I was taken to civil court.

As a side note, I tried to cover my a** if she took me to court. I secretly recorded our conversation on my cell phone where she slipped about her previous back injury a couple times.
  9. sealcutter

sealcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

Very good point, I think it is Nationwide offers coverage for a hobby and side work that will cover your truck and trailer, It will cost few hundred too. They have some rules too you can't have any signs on the rig, and you have to have liability coverage on the business, I think. It is worth a call to find out what you can do, you might be to young for the liability coverage in the underwriters eye.
  10. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Looks good. Dakota's are a good small truck. Just as said before be careful with insurance. Make sure you are covered.

Just curious, why AAA?