1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Got my license and my truck!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by pattytastik, Sep 8, 2011.

1. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Congratulations! Now assume that all other drivers on the road are going to make a big mistake.
  2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats! Remember to drive safely and always wear your seat belt.
  3. pattytastik

pattytastik LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks to everyone who posted! To answer a few of the questions, I have talked with my agent about everything and I got it covered accordingly.

Also I had to go to AAA because thats where I got the truck registered and license plates ect..
  4. ivyslawncare

ivyslawncare LawnSite Member

I've had mine for 2 years, and had it suspended for almost half of that....All for speeding to much...Don't abuse it like i did. Luckily i have a good friend willing to drive me around and help.....Only a little less then 3 months until i get mine back:cry: Besides that i love the truck. I had a 96 dakota and loved it. What motor does yours have? Unless i missed that somewhere.:dizzy:
  5. pattytastik

pattytastik LawnSite Senior Member

Thats really annoying that it is suspended:( it has a 4.7 v8 magnum
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. ivyslawncare

ivyslawncare LawnSite Member

Yeah but its my fault. My excuse is that my steal toe boots weigh so much more and push down on the peddle. My parents dont find that too funny.lol. And does it get pretty good gas? I had a 3.9 v6 in mine and i loved everything about it!
  7. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought you were a girl named "Patty" ;)
  8. lotsagrass

lotsagrass LawnSite Senior Member

Be safe/don't do anything stupid. When I was young, I once tried a Dukes of Hazard slide into my road (right turn). Didn't work out too well ;-) Seriously, just take it easy until you get plenty of miles and different driving conditions under your belt. Otherwise, have fun and enjoy your new freedom.

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Good luck and be safe. Congratulations !!
  10. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats and stay safe buddy, keep your 2 hands on the steering wheel for the first 6 months...