1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i just got a turf mag it is awesome looked a alot of the web sites and gave me alot of info.
    thanks

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

cool thing. I just got mine too.

3. FinalCut05

FinalCut05 LawnSite Member

I got mine and was disappointed in the "Walk behind buyers guide". Its not a article but just ads for some of the mfgrs. I was excited by the cover to see how they compared but instead i got a lame advertisment.

:dizzy:

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Thats why its FREE.

They gotta advertise somehow.

5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

That was my thoughts exactly. Someone has to pay for it if we don't.

6. turfmagazine

turfmagazine LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Jim @ TURF Magazine here ...

Truth is ... these "product guides" and "buyers guides" in TURF are not paid advertising.

Every couple of years, I survey TURF readers. The #1 thing they ask for is product news ... so we choose one or more categories a month and put them together as a "product guide". If you studied them (which I know is silly) ... you see that some of them come from advertisers and others come from companies who do not advertise with us.

These are meant to be informational to you -- the reader. What hurts is that not every company in every category sends in something ... so inevitable someone is left out. Then they're mad at us -- evening though I employ one full time 40-hour a week person just to hound these companies into sending in photos and product specs.

Can't win.

Anyway ... thanks for your interest.

7. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

that sux but i like it you guys do a good job.

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

just something i noticed, most ads don't have a website included but i know the company does have one. There are some companies that i would be interested in seeing a site but there isn't one listed, is there any particular reason for this?

another question, for the card where you cirle the numbers of the info you want and send it back, what happens after that, do we get mailed a huge packet of all these companies infor, or is our name and info sent to those companies and they send us infor? Hopefully i made my questions clear enough, thanks guys, i really like the magazine and always look forward to the next issue, just got my new landscape construction mag today as well, love it!! Thanks again

Mike

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Each company sends you their info for what you requested... What companies are you looking to get web sites for?

10. BladeRunner1967

BladeRunner1967 LawnSite Member

Me too:cry: