Got my mulch today

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Stafford Landscaping, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Stafford Landscaping

Stafford Landscaping LawnSite Member

They came today and delivered a tractor and trailer load of mulch. I took the picture with my phone so the quality is not good but the pile is bigger than it looks. I guess I better to get ready, I've got a lot of mulching to do. I'll get this pile about half gone and I'll order another. Does anybody else buy there mulch in bulk.

tractor mulch.jpg

2. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Already mulching down there/??? I wish I was here.. I spend the day shoveling snow off golf greens trying to breka up the huge ice layer we have on them. HOw many mulch jobs you have lined up so far.. take some pics of the work for us!!!

3. Stafford Landscaping

I would gladly trade some of this warm weather for some snow It was almost 70 here yesterday But it is cooling down today though but no snow.
    I've got all of my annual contracts to do.

4. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

buy it bulk all the time.

5. EA Quinn

EA Quinn LawnSite Senior Member

buy it by bulk all the time. we go through 1-2 tractor trailer loads a week.

6. Stafford Landscaping

To go through that much mulch you must blow it don't you?

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

once u blow u never wheel again

8. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

Who do you buy your mulch from?

9. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Thats what i'd like to be doing now. A buddy of mine buys his mulch in bulk.

10. Let-it-mow!

Let-it-mow! LawnSite Member

I'm guessing that's around 40 yards. We have gotten 100 yards delivered in one load before.

Moving mulch with a loader bucket takes forever. I built this extension and it makes the job go a little faster, It just about triples the size of scoop I can grab.

mulchbucket2.jpg