Got My New Equipment What do you Think???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by FiremanDud, Sep 27, 2005.

1. FiremanDud

FiremanDud LawnSite Member

Gravley 34Z and all 4mix Stihl equipment Hedge Trimmer, Weed Eater, Blower, Edger. What do you think? Just started last week.

FirehouseLawnServices 002.JPG

FirehouseLawnServices 003.JPG
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Dude, that is one sick setup for just starting out! The logos and signs look awsome! I think you may outgrow that trailer really fast, but, awsome. You got eveything you need there man. Congratulations! How many clients do you have lined up already? Well, congratulations, thats an impressive setup for someone that is just starting out, you sure beat mine, lol! Good Luck!
  3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Nice looking setup....better than my first setup......You may wantto rething the gas shears up on the top of the rack. ther is an awful lot of weight out on the shearing side of it and if you hit enough bumps/rough roads you may start bending the shaft.

Id think about putting them on the bottom of the rack and strapping the head to the top of the trailer rails so it does not bounce. Pluss less of a chance of getting accidently cut by the shears, once the cover goes missing...

I have asle seen guys use 5gallon buckets as covers for the engines if you have to leave it outside.

Also, might want to think about having expanded metal welding as the sides for the trailer. that way you cousl carry mulch, gravel, ect... if needed.

Nice graphix too....Good looking set up...
  4. FiremanDud

Thanks man, I am really happy on the overall look too. I have a personal friend that designed the sign. I got the hook up. Everything cost me 7K. I have 6 accounts already and I'm getting calls all the time when I go out. Looks like I'am going to be in business shortly. All my accounts are Upscale, 500k plus. I did consider moving the hedge trimmers but I reinforced the side of the racks if you look real close.They are pretty stable. I keep the equipment under a tarp so it doesn't warp. Thanks for the post. I'll keep you updated.
  5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I was not concerned with the rack, but the cutting head of gas shear as it bounces and flexes while your going down the road....
  6. FiremanDud

Oh, I didn't even think of that. Good point then, there going to the bottom floor now. Thanks Man.
  7. Sasquatch52

Sasquatch52 LawnSite Member

Hey, FiremanDud....I like the set up. Really nice for just starting out. How much did your Gravley cost by chance, after taxes and all?

8. FiremanDud

Thanks, it was 4299.99 and after tax it came to 4589.00
  9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

The tongue sure does look small on that trailer in jpeg #2. Im not picking or putting down, we all have to start somewhere. I just dont want you to mess up alot of nice equipment. The signs and all look very nice. Just be sure not to over load the trailer
  10. FiremanDud