1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Got my new exmark 36 metro today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ranger520, Jul 10, 2002.

1. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

What a machine. This is the first peice of equiptment for my new lawn service. Excited to cut. Also got Shindaiwa Trimmer and Back pack Blower.

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

have fun and remember,,, safety first, you probably wouldnt like being hurt with a new toy:)

3. fivejcb

fivejcb LawnSite Member

ranger520 great choice on the metro I just got my new 36 metro on monday and love it. If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for yours ? I got a 36 Metro ECS 12.5 Kaw with mulch kit instaled for 2499 + 110 for the mulch kit. This sounds high when I read that people are getting them for around 2000 in other parts but thats the going price around here how about in Minnesota?

4. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I got the Metro about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I love it. Got the 15 hp Kohler, mulch, and sulky. After tax it was $3000. The mower itself I think was between 2200 - 2400. The ECS handles are great. Have fun, be safe.

5. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

I paided 2299 for a non ecs with no mulch kit or sulkey. The 2000 units were promo units and have kohlers on them. I looked at both the ecs and the pisol and decided that I personally like the feel of the pistol and the dealer said that this is about a 50/50 deal with people buying. But to answer you question, for all the shopping I did it sounds like youpeice was right in there especialy of the dealer is going to be around if you need him.

6. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Picked mine up a week ago. Kaw 12.5 that was on it lasted a half hour. Dealer put a new one on and boy do I enjoy cutting with this mower. Should of bought one long ago. :)

7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

got mine in Feb. and have the mulch kit. 15hp kohler and goodbye leaves and clippings! :)