Got my new Metro HP today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Schlepie, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Schlepie

Schlepie LawnSite Member

Just picked it up this afternoon. No hrs on it yet. I'll give it a full day of Friday. I'll let you know. BTW, $4400.with micro mulch kit and 2 wheel sulky, and tax of course.

Schlep

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I just picked up a Metro 36" with belt drive and it cuts beautifully. Now the only thing that scares me is that it'll outlive me.

Next time you meet a 45-year-old guy who's getting back into the business after a 19-year layoff, tell him to go hydro and tell him I said so.

3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Ditto the Hydro, I'll be 45 this summer but I have been using belts since 89, if I only knew what I was missing. ECS and floating deck is mandatory IMO along with the hydro.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

No hours, to bad it will be all dirty soon. Dirty equipment is making money.:)

5. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Don't forget 5 hrs break-in oil change, important, important, also adjusting drive spring tension for sulky pulling on that Metro. :)
    you will make buttload of money out of it....excellent mower.
    eXmark all the way.

6. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Why adjust the drive spring tension? I admit I did when I first put my Jungle Wheels on, but was no need, so went back to the top hole.

7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

You can leave at factory setting, but the middle setting or lower is much more responsive to the pull, snuggly catapulting you out on 5th or 4th gear. It works really good when cutting hilly yard or slope.

8. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

All I noticed was much more strain on the hands. Responsive enough for me. (never noticed any diff. and put it in the bottom hole first, just to see how bad it would be, if by using these Jungle Wheels that need would arise.

(won't matter much anymore.........going hydro. No reverse and free wheeling down hills.......enjoyed enough.)

I do give Exmark credit for having a way to adjust the tension, though.