Got my new Scag ClamShell Bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mklawnman, Apr 22, 2003.

1. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Finally got my bagger that I ordered a month ago, I can now finish up my cleanups with it. This new Scag bagger is suppose to be a bit better than the Peco ones. As you pull the lever to open the bagger there is a sweeper in the bagger that pushes the clippings and leaves out so you dont need to get off of the machine to empty it out. Though I've seen some baggers that actually dump as they open. But that thing weighs alot more now with those weights on the front. Dealer says that my clutch is smaller than the new clutches on the Turf Tigers and that its going to wear out quicker. So Ill make sure to save as much as I can out of the clutch.
    Matt

2. mklawnman

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

On my peco type, I very rarely have a problem with all the leaves/grass coming out. I'll show a pic of it. All in all you'll love it.

mvc-013s.jpg

4. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

What did you pay for that new clam shell bagger?

20thscaglogo.gif

5. mklawnman

I paid $2,100. The Scag rep sold me on the clam shell cause my dealer had a Peco one, but this Scag one seems to work nice. I used it today for leaf clean up and spring clean up and when I emptied the bagger out, everything was so chopped up, and surprisingly it can go awhile before I need to dump it out, only clogged once when I had alot of wet leaves. Thing is great.
    Matt

6. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

I know it has been a while since anyone posted to this thread, but I need some help!

I once saw a side mount bagger simular to the Grass Gobler except this one would swing up from its mounting side to allow you to pull up on a tarp and dump the clippings.

This is not like the Toro Z baggers that are on the back. The one I am talking about mounts just like a grass gobbler but it is hinged to swing up when you pull a cable or rope to dump it on the tarp.

Any help with a name or dealer would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Roger

7. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you ever hit your head on the bagger box?Seems awful close to the seat back.

8. CHAN

CHAN LawnSite Member
    from AL.

I saw a john deere frontmount with the side bagger last year at the shop if that is what u are talking about.