Got my new Stander today!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by impactlandscaping, May 27, 2004.

1. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I got my new Stander ( 17 hp 48") at 10:45 this morning. Had already cut 4 lawns by then, and normally would be until 8:00 PM tonight to finish mowing. Home and showered, truck and equipment put away at 5: 00 PM. Should be done by 4:00 PM next week.I don't know why I didn't get one sooner. Now I need more lawns to fill the other 4 hours on Thursdays:D

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

"why I didn't get one sooner"
    The number one phrase said after the first full day of cutting with a stander. I said it too. How about getting another one?

3. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

What did you up-grade from.

4. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I sure love my stander. I am finishing a couple hours earlier then I used to. I guess I need to pick up a few new accounts also.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

what is the major differences from a stander compared to a walkbehind and z, besides that you stand on it?

6. Itsgottobegreen

Faster than a walkbehine, can keep up with a ztr, more compact than both a walkbehind and ztr, cheaper than a ZTR, can take all kinds of abuse, less back pain that sitting on a ZTR, etc. Shall I say more.

7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Matter of fact, I am considering a second unit, possibly used..anyone have an extra one layin' around??:D I "upgraded" from a 36" and 48" WB. I sold my 52"Z as well. I can put two 48" Standers on a 10' trailer with breathing room between them. When I picked it up, I had the 8' trailer for the hydroseeder, with the 36" onboard. Got both the Stander and Snapper WB on an 8' trailer.. Try doing that with 2 walk behinds and a Z.

8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I saw one in use today and i dont think i would feel comfortable on one. Any of you guys feel that way at first? have to get used to them or what?

9. Itsgottobegreen

I can pack 3-52" stander (when i have by buddy's machine with me) on my 14' trailer and still have room. I wish it was a 15' so i could take my 32" with me. I can get my 2 standers and sentar on the 14'. Its tight, but works.

Kc they take some getting use to. Takes about 3 hours, until you realize how much better they are.

10. Teff's Lawn & Snow

Teff's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Member

What made you go with the Wright Stander over Great Dane or John Deere? Been looking at them myself but curious on the options.