1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Got my new trailer! and everything fits... for now

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by cochino12, Mar 2, 2006.

1. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

Just picked it up yesterday, its a 6' 10" * 14' with 2' mesh sides. I can finally fit all my equipment one one trailer ha ha. I need to order some more racks and maybe some prolockers too, I need to figure what the best layout wil be? Anyway just thought I would share some pictures.

trailer 1.jpg

trailer 2.jpg

trailer 3.jpg

trailer 4.jpg

trailer 5.jpg
  2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

That is a dang good looking trailer. I love the side gate. Having to get stuff out just to get what you really need is the pits, with that side gate you have easy access to almost everything. Congrats.:cool2:
  3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Good looking trailer, congrats on the new purchase.
  4. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

looks great! How much she cost ya?
  5. cochino12

Thanks for the compliments guys. I think the sidegate is going to be awesome, seems easier than having to re-arrange to pull one piece of equip. off the trailer.

I got the trailer for $1700 which included spring assisted rear gate, trimmer rack, brakes, breakaway kit et.... I drove to MO. to pick it up but it still saved me over $1k buying it in town.
  6. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

nice trailer

i notice you have some classen equipment on there

how do you like it

im looking into an aerator and dethatcher soon

Thanks joe
  7. cochino12

They are one of the best investments I have ever made, I use the split drive unit's and can do 10-15 yards a day w/out any more fatigue (sp) than mowing.
  8. scarr133

scarr133 LawnSite Senior Member

It's a nice trailer, but I think you will regret not getting something larger for future growth. It looks like you are packed pretty tight as it is now. There is no way you would be able to get another piece of equipment on there currently without taking something else off. I started with a 16' open trailer, and now have an 18' open and a 20' enclosed. I have plenty of room in the 20', but the 18' was getting tight last season. Good luck.
  9. cochino12

I agree I cant fit anything else, but when I get more equipment it will be for a second crew. I will be running a combination of 32 or 36" mowers and thats it so there will not be a need for anything larger.
  10. scarr133

scarr133 LawnSite Senior Member

as long as what you've got works for you, then you're fine. you are the only one that knows exactly what you need. Congrats on the new trailer. It should serve you well.