1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Got my new Walker dirty

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dawg, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Well I got to put a little over 4 hours on my new Walker today, and man it cut great. I used the ghs deck on a starbucks and a taco casa. Not only did it cut great but it made the cigartte butts, straw pappers and napkins go bye-bye. After these I put on the mulching deck and mowed 3 more places. This machaine can never take the place of my grasshoppers, but for my smaller properties I feel this mower is just what I have been looking for. It is going to take me awhile to get used to running it but it did not feel slow on these smaller lawns. Also the dump bins where heavier than I expected when full but it sure was nice sliding these out and dumping them into the dumpsters.
  2. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats on your new mower, I am jelous. I may get one down the road at some point. What were you talking about with grass "bins"?

3. Turf Dawg

These are two tubs that slide into the catcher. They fit side by side and you pull them out to dump them. The rep that brought the demo also brought these when I told him I was worried about getting the grass to onsite dumpsters. After trying these I had to have them. Smart on his part.
  4. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

What model are you running?
  5. Turf Dawg

I got a mtghs 20 horse. 48" ghs deck and 42" mulching deck. Additions where 9.5 hopper, dump bins and height adjusters on both decks. I also got a curb ramp, but found out it will not fit onto the deck with height adjusters.
  6. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Huh... Sounds like a money maker. Congrats.
  7. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Turf dawg, Is this the new 42" mulching deck? Give us a review, how did it disperse with the clipping ? evenly over the top of the turf or to one side? What turf did you use it on? Bermuda? Fill us in bud, I have a old style 42" mulching deck and it only worked good when I took off the Walker Blades and used gators.
  8. cshinc

cshinc LawnSite Member

Take the curb ramp back and tell them they gave you the wrong one. Walker makes a curb ramp specifically for the decks with height adjusters. I believe it is the same part number with a -1 at the end. I saw them at the NE Grows show. I know you will like the machine. Good luck.
  9. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Turf, are you duming into the restaurant dumpsters? Make sure you spread the clippings across the bin so it doesn't heat and stink or you might have to start taking the clippings with you.
  10. Turf Dawg

When I demowed this deck it was on bermuda [tiff 419] and seemed to work fine,but that was in Septemember. Yesterday was all on dormant grass.