Got My Proslide Today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtdman, May 12, 2004.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Man is that thing cool! Took me like 10 min to hook on, no drilling necessary. Hop on, take off. No problems with the front end popping up like I thought, mower has plenty o' power to pull my fat butt around. I'm buying another to put on my 54 inch wb. Sweet!

:D :D

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

sorry for the dumb question. but what is a proslide?

3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Lookie here:
    Proslide

And don't worry about the dumb question.

:D :D

4. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

I still don't understand how this proslide can support 150+ lb.'s & still have a level cut.

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Told ya you'd like it , Tom. I'm ordering a second proslide this week for our 48" ..I'll never use a velke again..and I don't have any problems with an "unlevel" cut on my 36"..smooth, fast, and beautiful stripes!!

6. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

The weight of the operator is on the ground not the mower. The mower just pulls the platform, it doesn't hold it up. You sled across the grass.

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Reading your signature intrigued me so I will try and help you to understand. The Proslide is pulled like a sulky however the weight of the operator is dispersed downward over a wide pad instead of one or two wheels. I weigh 205 # and it has no problem pulling me and giving a level cut. I have added weight to the front of my mower, not because of the Proslide but because of the hydros. I can pop the front up when not on the slide if i really give it the oats.
    A slide is a great way to stripe and ride. It isn't for you if you have lots of concrete or asphalt to cover in getting from one place to another but I have had one for 7 years now and would buy another without hesitation.
    Hopefully I helped you see past the choices that you don't understand.:D

brennanleaf02 005.jpg

8. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

how much does this cost?

9. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I talked to one of the people on ebay, he said he has tons of them and will sell them out right for 140 plus 15 shipping.

10. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Can't write off ebay very easily. I don't buy anything from there, would rather go to a dealer for service and support