Got my quick 36 Super Duty Today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deere615, Apr 23, 2008.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Well I ordered it on Sunday and it came today. My dad went to pick it up for me because I had lawns to cut, and when I got home, He had it put together:eek:. I only cut with it a little but I really like it! It seems to stripe pretty nice(no kit). I also got the accelerator bagger, but haven't tried it. The mower turns pretty nice if you slow down and just give it a little gas through the turn. The only thing I don't like so far is the reverse is hard to push down(Is there a way to fix this:confused:). Thanks BOP:waving: I took a few pics:
    Quick 36 (6).jpg
    Quick 36 (4).jpg

Quick 36 (6).jpg

Quick 36 (4).jpg

2. deere615

Quick 36 (2).jpg
    Quick 36.jpg
    Quick mower (3).jpg

Quick 36 (2).jpg

Quick mower (3).jpg

Quick 36.jpg

3. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats man! Lets see some pics of some freshly cut grass....

4. deere615

Thanks, I will when I get time, I have been busy.

5. blm86

blm86 LawnSite Member

congrats on the purchase. Hopefully i will have one at the end of the summer

6. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

The "thumb" reverse ..... well, only Hercules could operate it with a thumb. I use the Forward control lever pressed downwards, much easier. Just got my mulching kit today.... will try it tomorrow. The Accelerator is a great bagger, but I find my self getting into some tight spots due to it's sheer size. It also gets hung up on small ridges, such as sidewalk edges where the turf is slightly sloped. Belguim block borders can be a problem too.

My Quick is my first WB, and I'm pleased with it. Not quite thilled, but happy with the machine. Like any WB, it has it's strong points, and weakenesses. I find it very manuveurable, hand controls aren't killers, reliable as heck on the first pull, great cut, good striping, easy to service, good on gas, great lift with regular blades and lightweight.... no bad depressions left in the turf and no divots when doing a 180.

Downsides are slopes and hills, a tendency to yank left or right when going over a hole in the turf, the dischrage chute removal process (two wrenches needed) and that's about it on the negatives. I have only operated a Scag 32 besides the Quick, and this machine kicks the Scag's butt, hands down. Good luck with it!

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

nice buy!!!!!!!!!

8. Landscape Maint.Services

Landscape Maint.Services LawnSite Member

I have been looking at the quick wb's lately but i cant figure out how they operate with just one hand control. maybe you guys can explain it to me, I would think it would be hard and confusing to use with only one hand doing the turning whereas on a normal walkbehind you have the two handle controls. How exactly do you make it turn left and right? I really want to order one ,but without being able to try it first,im afraid i wont like it or be able to use it easily.

9. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Looks awsome! Go get some pics of it in action!

10. poipuyardcrew

poipuyardcrew LawnSite Member

I was torn between the quick 36 and scag 36. The scag is so much more money and the quick mower gets a lot more positive reviews then bad. So, It looks like the quick for me.