Got my RealGreen demo today... but is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rayholio, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

Howdee!

I was quoted $3000 based on my customer load... I will also have about $800 in training expenses...

My customer load isn't so much that the convenience features will really sell this thing... but I'm thinking that the marketing tools might actually MAKE money...

For those of you who have the software... how much more % in upsells have you seen? howabout the other marketing tools? would you say that this software has paid for itself in additional sales?? how long did that take?

Thanks in advance!

2. Rlclawnguy

Rlclawnguy LawnSite Member

Well we have the higher level system for unlimited customers and multi user. We started it back in January and it was slow moving at first. A lot of imput to get 500 or so custumers with all info into the computer. We have come accross some bumps in the road but that is expected. We havne't seen the impact yet. We figured after the first year we would be seeing the difference. One of our main reasons for it was for customer retention by improving our organizing scheduling and call backs to keep the customer happy. So we will see how many we lose this year compared to the last few. As for the marketing I think there are a lot of things you can do but we just haven't had the time to utilize all of them yet. I am actually thinking of going to one of the seminars to find out more that can be done. It has a lot of potential but takes a lot of time to learn the ins and outs.

3. Rayholio

was the onsite training lacking? I can tell from the demo that there is a WHOLE LOT to the software... but I would think the trainer would teach you what you needed to know...

you've not been using the upsell features that are on the invoices? I was thinking that a lot of the value was in that....

Thanks for the feedback!

4. New Green

New Green LawnSite Member

I have had real green since Feb. I have no regrets except I should have done it sooner. I have sold several upsells off the invoice left behind. Was it enough to pay for the software? No. The 2 days is not enough training. It is well worth it to get you off the ground. I will be attending a winter seminar to figure some other things out that I have not been taking advantage of. Service has been great. Just buy it and don't over analyse it. You will not regret it!

5. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

Look at grounds keeper pro to start with. Than down the road switch to reel green. If you do buy real green get as much free support as you can, negotiate with them. good luck

6. Rayholio

I suppose that this is a good time to ask what 'extras' or price decreases others were able to haggle out of RG at or before closing?

I was thinking about requesting a mailing list, and printed materials for that list included in the closing price...

7. Rlclawnguy

Rlclawnguy LawnSite Member

They didn't seem to be willing to throw in much but the support, which is worth it and you will definatley need it!

8. Rayholio

found out that they'll give you a full third off the price if you're a 1800lawncare member.. LOL