Got my ride on spreader!!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GrazerZ, May 7, 2005.

1. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, you know, the one that turns on a dime, holds 200lbs fert, collapsible boom,all stainless, hydro powered, man I am sooo stooked. Like a redneck with a new truck :D !!
    One question though. Any tips on using spyker spreaders? never used one before.

2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Make sure to keep the mini prill handle pulled out or you'll stripe like crazy. Also to keep flow going remove that sifter pin. It causes headaches by making fine material settle to the bottom, disrupting flow, and yes-striping. Now pat yourself on the back. You bought the best invention since the automobile.

truckandz.JPG

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You guys make me sick. That's all I have to say.

4. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Lub the cables with WD-40 daily. Your gonna love that spyker. Life just got easy.

5. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

turfscape, whats inside the trailer you got there. You guys just a fert/chem company ? lets see some pics of your nice equipment set up

6. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

The Z-spray rolls up in the rear. I can get 2 pallets of fert unloaded through the side door. Backpack blower, backpack sprayer, Lesco spreader, 2.5 gallons of 3 way, measuring cup, and some weed and disease posters. When the fert is gone, I pull the Z in backwards to put the weight more over the axles. I am a one man show. Fert only with tree sprays, ferts and injections.

plowpic.JPG

7. toxic man

toxic man LawnSite Member

I am so jealous! How much are those machines?

Lou

8. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

Mini prill handle? Not sure about what that is. Please tell more.

9. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

what is the sifter pin? Thing spinning in the shaft at the bottom of the spreader.

10. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Man, you're gonna love it.

It takes a while to get used to. I have 50 hours and 150 miles on mine, and I am now getting good on it in my opinion. Get some lime first and do some lawns to practices. It takes time and then at first I spread the lawns and then sprayed the lawn then after a while you do both. At first it seems like you are gong way too fast, but now, I want to go faster.

These things are great and built like a tank, I have put mine in places you shouldn't., but be careful on hills and watch out for wet grass, you will lose it quick.

EG