Got My Trailer Today!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Brian B, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Brian B

Brian B LawnSite Senior Member

so my dad and i went today to buy a trailer. we were looking and went inside to ask about some prices and the worker said that we can get a 6x12 for $995 or a 6x10 for $975. obviously we went with the 6x12. needless to say im happy to have finally bought my first real piece of equipment!!!!!

P.S. do you think that $995 is a good price?

here's the trailer ....its the last one on the page.
    http://www.hillequipmenttrailers.com/utility/sa.html

i know the price on here says $975 but it went up once we got there.

2. Eurosport

Eurosport LawnSite Member
    from Canada

Usually you are supposed to negotiate a lower price...not let them raise the price

3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Same thing here on the West coast would cost you at least 1400. I paid 1650 for mine 2 years ago.

4. Brian B

they seemed pretty firm on the price when i asked about it and i didnt think it was a real bad deal. thats about the going price in the area or more

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I buy all of my equipment at the price the dealer is asking because they have to make money too. If you have to negotiate to afford it, you may want to hold off on buying until your ready.

Price is good for that trailer, I would have gotten a 14 footer though. Should serve you well.

6. Brian B

i didnt see a 14 footer there and it is a ways from my house and trailers have a good resale if i grow out of it really fast. i thought it was a good price too. lol

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

A 12 footer is a must if you plan on putting 2 mowers on it. A 10 foot looks long enough buts its not. For the difference in price its well worth it

wayne

8. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

I hope yours holds up better than mine did. I had that haulmark, paid about 1300 new, january 2004. It was a 7x14. It seemed to rust pretty fast, I had it a year and a half and sold it. Water somehow got inside the rear gate, and the water froze inside the metal and the metal expanded and split open. Also rust was forming at the center of each side rail. The trailer was plenty strong, one day I towed a geo prism home about 50 miles on the trailer and it didn't cause any problems.

Inside the red circles I made is where the rust was forming, it started forming the first year I used it.

single3.jpg

9. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Rust is bound to happen. I sanded my whole trailer down this spring and primed and repainted.