Got my turf tiger today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by arl250, Jan 23, 2013.

1. arl250

arl250 LawnSite Senior Member

Also thanks everyone for the help on making this decision and I cant wait till I can give everyone some true feed back on this thing
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. TMAC669

TMAC669 LawnSite Member
    from N/A

I checked Scags website and the EFI motor sips the grass compared to the Big Block. Is it that much of a difference in power where you don't like the 29HP? 1.8 is almost $7 an hour in fuel.

3. arl250

I have run the 29 dfi and to me its a disappointment it wasn't worth1500 more plus the ratings on scags website are under full load ive read the big block isn't near as bad in normal mowing and i do run into alot of situations where grass should really be bush hogged first so in need the extra power.... so lets just hope this thing doesn't break the bank in gas lol I will give feedback soon as we can go back to mowing
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Sharps_lawn&landscaping

Sharps_lawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TN

When you put the 29 under heavy loads it uses more gas because its under stress. When you put the big block in the same condition it won't even break a sweat because of its power resulting in not having to use much. You really have to be mowing some thick stuff for the carb to open up and drink the gas. When I use the 29 it does fine on weekly cuts but it is a real big difference. I just traded the new Kholer dfi 29 Tt for the 35 big block for the power and it wasn't as bad as I had thought on fuel. But if you could get a mower with the 32 Bb it is the best of both worlds as far as power and not using much gas.

5. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats! Nothing like that "new mower smell". What year model, engine and size Grizzly?

6. TMAC669

TMAC669 LawnSite Member
    from N/A

Thanks for the feedback I will keep that in mind when my day comes that I'm a proud owner of new TT!

7. arl250

I bought it brand new two season ago its 60 in deck exactly same mower as husqvarna pz6029 has 412 hrs its a good mower but I have already replaced the deck bearings and
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. arl250

They were greased properly and dealer support just wasn't there in my area its built like a tank though and the deck is awsome almost as good as velocity deck
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Look at the difference in cost between the two. .5 to .8 gal/hr difference depending on who's numbers you use. 1.50 to 2.25 difference per hr. Does that sound that bad? Going to guess the bb holds its speed for hills etc better also which reduces time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Sharps_lawn&landscaping

Sharps_lawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TN

I mow some hills especially at one church that the bb just climbs with no problem mowing at around 3450 rpm. The 29 kaw barely makes it up the hill .