got our 1st nutcase today

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Mar 25, 2008.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Next door neighbor called in about five minutes ago. Says her dog is sick cuz we treated her next door neighbor's lawn this afternoon. :confused: Product: 31-3-8 30% SCU. Neighbor said she got home at 3:25 p.m. and let her dog out to sh&t on the lawn. Now it's 3 1/2 hours later, and her dog is sick. No pesticide was applied whatsoever. Jeeze.......we normally don't get these oddballs calling in until summer. This is WAY too early. Anybody else starting to get complaints already? p.s. anybody tired of slimy dog manure :cry:in lawns???

p.s. Wife/bookkeeper just got home........her words regarding this complainant are not allowable on this site.:laugh:

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

Im sure your client isn't too pleased her neighbours dog craps on her lawn. I once packaged my neighbours dog crap and left it at their front door after I pleaded with them for 6 months to control their dog-they weren't too pleased, but I'm sure they were happy to see me move after all that. Don't sweat it-the dog will get over it (whatever his problem is)

3. redbuckcavs

redbuckcavs LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Why are you using 31% N this time of year? (If you applied a late Fall fert and todays app I hope your also in the mowing business to make some serious $)

I dont want to sound like a jerk, but the only reason I would apply that much N is if I knew the lawn was neglected the last few years and I wanted a quik green up to impress the new client

4. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Does this guy live on the same street as the fence line round up nightmare?:nono::weightlifter:

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So how do you handle this type of situation....seems like it could spiral out of control?

6. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

good point, but...you don't know the rate at which it was applied (i.e. how much N/ 1000 ft)

7. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't recall hearing what rate he put down. The higher % of N in the bag the further the bag goes. Thus bringing your cost per K Down.

8. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

He didn't say how much he put down just what he used. He might of applied it at one pound/M. That would be less than one third pound of N/M. The higher the N content generally the cheaper the N.

9. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Call your customer explain that You are a Lic. Applicator and a professional and would never endanger any animal , only weeds. Let them deal with the neighbor.

10. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Her dog might have already been sick and see doesn't have the money to take the dog to the vet and seen you as a liable source...Thought she could yell at you and you would feel sorry for her even though you had nothing to do with it and would pay for her dog to go to the vet.. I have encountered some of these people over the years