1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

got our 1st nutcase today

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Mar 25, 2008.

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

I have attached a copy of a letter I am leaving behind after my first application and will also keep in my truck for those who question.

Take a copy of this roll it up like a flag and stick it in one of the landmines her dog has left for you and your customer and place it on her porch like someone here suggested.

Attached Files:

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We're putting this fert down at 3 pounds per K. It's a 30% slow release. Sounds like overkill, but we start out with clay soil lawns which need more fert than loam soils. (TG is applying 1/2 pound of fast-release Urea on all lawns here -------no matter what soil type). :confused:

We will soon switch over to a pre + fert product (50% slow).:usflag:

Hope this answers the above Q's. Best of luck to all, americanlawn:waving:
  3. BocaChris

BocaChris LawnSite Member

At least our customers have real reasons to complain. One of our applicators applying Hort Oil to hibiscus temp was 87 degrees at 2 in the afternoon. Talk about complete frying, not a leaf left on the plant the next day. Needless to say we lost that customer
  4. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Take a pic of one of those turd piles, if the law suit word comes up tell her you slipped on one of those shites and hurt your back you would have to be put in the position of having to bring suit back against her.
  5. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I dont know what happened but when i opened it there was a picture of a 500 pound naked fat lady licking a snow cone. LOL
    just kidding she was 400 pounds, any way thanks for the letter:laugh:
  6. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

boss had a couple calls from business owners already this morning . They wanted to make sure we are gonna remove the snow . I was hoping it would meltafter the sun comes up .
  7. americanlawn

from midwest

Nice letter for customers ---- especially if they have bad neighbors. Thanks!:waving:
  8. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

isnt there a leash law there something about lettin ur dog run free there is here happend to me last yr went to court and didnt have to pay a thing because of that law
  9. americanlawn

from midwest

BocaChris -- I was in on the "ground floor" with ChemScape research back in the early 80's regarding the use of hort oils, so i know what you mean. (mostly with Dr. Bob Partika). We experimented with 2%, 3%, and 4% oils ---depending on the time of year and the type of plant. Sprayed for soft-shelled & hard-shelled scale. Pyracantha (lacebugs), holly, euonymus, etc. Spraying soft-leafed plants in the summer is a no no.:hammerhead:

humble 1 -- I like your thoughts about slipping on dog manure.......there's probably a disease issue too?:confused:

naughty62...........today we saw sleet, hail, snow, rain, ice pellets (not necessarily in that order cuz today was something out of science fiction).:laugh:
  10. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

If I had that call, I would sympathize with them, insist they go to their vet......and get the Dr to put in writing that "lawn chems" caused this.

It won't happen.