Got pulled over by the DEC!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Microbe, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Microbe

Microbe LawnSite Member

BUT I"M ORGANIC SOOOOOOOOOOOOOo..... no ticket, no nothing... :) I actually thanked him for stopping by... Shaked his hand and everything... What a nice guy! "If I had a little 3 way though, BOOM!!!!!!!" I have my technicians license but he told me that I have to have a triangle on my truck and I havn't gotten that yet..... Don't know why! The guy was hidding behind my truck because there was another landscaper down the block and he wanted to stay hidden.... I thought it was kinda funny, thought I'd share it! Peace and Greenzzzzzzz:cool2: :headphones: :cool2:

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

3. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

DEC? department of ???????? what is the c for? just curious and probably stupid for not knowing.

4. Microbe

Microbe LawnSite Member

Department of Environmental control... around the Western south shore of long island....... He told me that even if I spray garlic juice I need to be certified and carry the triangles on my truck.......

5. jsf343

:laugh: hahhahahahaha!!! are you serious?!

6. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

since when is garlic juice a pesticide i would ask him.

7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

he is absolutely serious.
    many of the "organic" products are as bad or worse that the man made stuff.
    Diatomaceous earts for example is terrible stuff. it is being banned from pool fltration systems ( they have filters that use DE as a filter media) becuase it is a wicked carcinogen and can cuase severe respiratory problems.

the pesticide certification is in place to keep people from applying anything that kills anthing liable for dammages they cuase.

top dog..
    if anything you apply to kill anything is a pesticise... salt, urine for fire ants, etc.

8. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

yes, i understand that, but that is stretching it. guess we should add dentist since they use toothpaste on us, and all those anti bacterial soap peps also.

anyways, just seems odd, and i do hold a valid applicator's license. just got back from a class at purdue last week to keep up my points.

9. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

You do any type of spraying in N.Y. and get paid for it you better have a license, even if you pee on someones lawn.

10. jsf343

There should be a test for that..... "Pee applicator test" :laugh: could you imagine?!