Got rid of my 2 worst PITA today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Apr 10, 2007.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have 2 clients that are mother/daughter who live next to each other. When I started doing their yards two years ago they lived 10 miles from me and since I moved they are 2 houses down. The mother was the worst,complaining, griping, always wanted something for free client I ever had. Posted on here many times about her. Her daughter is a skanky,ugly, drunk treat me like garbage b*tch, got into it with her last Oct. about wanting me to skip the next 6 months and come do her yard in April as I did with her mother also. I would go to her house to get paid and she would open the door and hand me a check and look at me with pure hate and slam the door, never say a word. I rode by their house today and the weeds were knee high and bad as I hated to I called the mom. She told me she could not afford to pay me anymore(as well as her daughter) and that she wished she could since I did good work.Said they were going to do it themselves. These folks are not hurting for money. I excitely told her no problem and said bye, end of conversation. I hate to lose anymore yards but this is one pos pita 2 b*tches that I am so happy to be rid of! An hour later I got a call on a one time bid I placed 2 weeks ago and they wanted me to start on it. This one job will equal the total amount I made of these 2 hags the whole year! Oh what a wonderful feeling. Now I can't wait to ride by their house and see what poor dumbazz is doing it now since I know they have got someone else from knowing what kind of person they are. Oh, and the daughter has a brand new sports car and SUV sitting under the carport.
  2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Good for you! Sounds like they got rid of you though, you SHOULD have gotten rid of them the first time a door was slammed in your face. There is no amount of money worth allowing yourself to be treated like that. I would rather starve that let someone degrade me like that.
  3. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr LawnSite Member

Business is buiness...When there's money to be made, you do the task, collect your pay and say thank you. Principal before personality.

4. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

That is just dumb.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

When the check clears, quess who gets the last word! But, I do agree, that kind of relationship isn't going to last.
  6. PhillyShells

PhillyShells LawnSite Member

What ?? A business doesn't run on problems and if it cant be corrected then eliminate the problem. You should make your work environment as enjoyable as possible. There is always opportunity to bring in new customers and make up for the loss.
  7. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

Then please go into factory work and hold your view.
  8. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

They come and go! but its always a plus for the bad ones to go!!
  9. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly, I don't care as long as I get paid.

That is ridicules, I would cut a lawn for someone no matter what they said or did as long as I got my money and the lawn is not a mess (with a few exceptions).
  10. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Well at least she did say you did a good job. They are gone and now you can move on to bigger and better lawns!