1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

got riped off with a walmart push mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by corey1977, Jul 21, 2007.

1. corey1977

corey1977 LawnSite Senior Member
    from maine

I bought a 20 inch push mower from walmart had it 3 weeks the back wheel bent so took it back lost reciet and did not have books so thay gave me a new one free I did not have to do any paper work to get the new one so I found my boooks took the new one back this mowing gave back thay would not give me me money back thay did not have any record of me bringing back the broken mower yesterday so I said forget to the woman at the desk keep the junk mower the metal in the decks is so thing the deck flexes when you push the hanndle the manager of lawn and garden said to me you must have done some thing to the mower to make the wheel bend from the deck we use the same lawn mower at my work thay bend the decks that is why thay are $109.00 the qualty if junkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
  2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Lesson learned?
  3. corey1977

corey1977 LawnSite Senior Member
    from maine

so I went to home depot and bought a better one
  4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

You still have nowhere to get your warranty taken care of though. You need to be buying from somewhere that actually specializes in our industry & knows what they are talking about.
  5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

That was almost painful to read...
  6. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

So let me ask you this, what do expect for $109.00? You got what you paid for. Go buy a real mower.
  7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Wow...I can't believe someone would actually buy one of those WalMart mowers...and then post about it on a commercial mowing website.
  8. ShaneG757

ShaneG757 LawnSite Member

In grammar, punctuation, and context.
  9. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

How can people even type without putting in a period? It's like kind of hard to do if you are trying to do it on purpose. There was one period disguised as a decimal point though.
  10. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Exactly! I guess the appearance of the decimal point in the price he mentioned rules out the possibility of his period key being stuck and unusable.