Got robbed today.

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by CommercialSnow, May 4, 2011.

1. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm thinking if they stole the Honda 21 in six minutes or less, it must have been
    two guys. They were probably casing you guys for from the minute you pulled up.

2. Prairie Lawn and Snow

Prairie Lawn and Snow LawnSite Member

To Quote Mr. Daniels "Big tall tree and a short piece of rope!!" The dummy's probably get 10 cents on the dollar for the stuff to.

3. grassman88

grassman88 LawnSite Member
    from mass

i had one of my back pack blowers stolen from my own property when i was inside eating they were realy stupid because it was a 150 daller blower and there was my 600 daller trimmer right next to it i think they couldnt figure out how to get it out of the rack

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i can't believe people steal trimmers, blowers, and lawnmowers....i mean what do they do?...go sell it for $50 at a pawn shop?...it's just stupid....hey guys don't steal from me...i'll pay you $50 not to :)

5. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Usually goes to one of two places: pawn shop or drug dealer.
    Some of these people have 7 or 8 hundred dollar/day habit, and will do anything to get the money (or something they can trade) for the "fix".

6. chuacro

chuacro LawnSite Senior Member

I managed a Cash America Pawn shop for 10 years. When we loan on a stolen item the police will pick it up and we loose our investment. You come in with the same item twice we will not do business with you unless we know that you are a legit company or a good customer.

7. grassman88

grassman88 LawnSite Member
    from mass

drug dealers dont have to steal its the drug addics, drug dealers probly make more money then most hard working people

8. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I had a trailer with a mower (be it a cheapy but still) stolen sittin right outside my GF's house it had cables running through both wheels and wrapped around the axle, and a tounge lock, still hadn't quite figured out how they got it, sure took some work. Police as usual didn't do anything but take a report.