got screwed over again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by m0werman, Mar 19, 2005.

1. m0werman

m0werman LawnSite Member

i have been screwed over by this one customer twice because she says that her son did the job before i got there but i have actually done it the day before and her son never did it. she says i am lying. do i drop the job or try to resolve it. it is a small lawn and dosent pay much but is right by my house so it is convenient. i dont know what to do. anyone have any advice.

2. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like a case of alltimmers, sometimers or parttimers, drop her, not worth having to fight for the payment everytime you work there.

3. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

once maybe, but not twice, tell her to have a good day and have her son cut it all time, and tell her u dont lie

4. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

Fighting for your money or getting stiffed out of what you're owed doesn't sound to convient to me. If you want to try and keep it just tell her that you do it all the time or you won't do it at all.

5. Cut

Cut LawnSite Member

Sneak there at night with a bushedi and whack all the flowers so the "son" gets the blame.

6. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

i had one like this this past season. The lady didn't want 2 pay for fall clean-ups, so i did 1 big one then i went back at the end of the season 2 do one last one and right before i started the ladies son came out (former friend of mine) and was like we already did it, the yard looked like crap. They were the cheapest i've ever had, needless 2 say, there gone for this year!

7. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

Place a camera on a tripod and video tape yourself cutting the lawn, then leave a copy for her to watch.

8. caz1

caz1 LawnSite Member

no disrespect here but if it a low paying job don't go throw the hassle of this stuff just drop her

9. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

do you and her son use the same size mower ? 21, 36 ect look at the tire tracks for proof , then grab the son by the back of the neck and tell him to tell the truth then drop her a$$

10. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Drop it, sounds like a real PITA to me.