Got some new shoes!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KrayzKajun, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

They smell so good! Love that smell of new rubber

2. redclifford

redclifford LawnSite Member
    from niagara

whats the best kind of tire/tread to get for a skidsteer. I use my skidsteer for snow in the winter and sod/hardscape installs in the summer , any suggestions / suppliers

3. crankincraig

crankincraig LawnSite Member

He'll love you for that . Hope he likes surprises.

4. anteater6788

anteater6788 LawnSite Member

We put a set of Michelin Bibsteels on our 70XT 15 months and 350 hours ago and they were definitely worth the price premium over cheap tires. The Michelins are steel belted radials, we went from having monthly (or more often) flat tires to not having any at all with the Michelins and the radials improved the ride and traction a lot too. A conventional skid steer tire is worthless on ice because they are so hard they can't grip but the radials have enough flex they grip the ice, probably not

5. anteater6788

We put a set of Michelin Bibsteels on our 70XT 15 months and 350 hours ago and they were definitely worth the price premium over cheap tires. The Michelins are steel belted radials, we went from having monthly (or more often) flat tires to not having any at all with the Michelins and the radials improved the ride and traction a lot too. A conventional skid steer tire is worthless on ice because they are so hard they can't grip but the radials have enough flex they grip the ice, probably not quite as good as a good truck tire but close. At 350 hours there is no noticeable wear on the Michelins and I will be surprised if they don't last 2,000 hours.

[​IMG]

6. bobcatexc

bobcatexc LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

We need more pics of the landplane, backside also can't tell if the back I beam is notched too. You can't just put up one pic of and expect to get away with it???? Looks nice I need to build one this next winter.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. anteater6788

Evidently I don't have any more pictures of it. It is two 8" H beams at the back, the front is the cutting edge off our loader bucket that I took off when I installed a Rezloh. The front cutting edge support is 7/8x3" flat bar and the 2x4" tubing the mounting plate attaches too were both salvaged from an old corn planter and the H beam had been in our scrap pile for several years waiting for me to figure out what to do with it. The side plates are 1/2x4" plate and I used 3" channel iron for the top reinforcement pieces. I used a 3/8" skid steer mounting plate and I need to reinforce the top lip because it will flex some when dragging backwards. Only the front bar of the front H beam is notched out, decided to try it that way and it has enough weight it digs pretty good the way it is, I do intend on replacing the front cutting edge with a Rezloh so it will dig better.

My only real regret with it is not putting a pivot point through the H beams so I can tilt it side to side for cutting grades

8. bobcatexc

from IL

Posted via Mobile Device

9. bobcatexc

from IL

Are both your H beams flush with your sides? Does it leave a good enough finish you can seed on or you still have to hit with something else?
    Posted via Mobile Device