got stuck tonight

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Mar 12, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Well, I got stuck tonight trying to drop off some brush in the woods from pruning. It took us about 4 hours to get unstuck (I called a friend to help). Bought him a 12 pack for his payment, he enjoyed that.

Speaking of payments, how many of you have been offered to be paid in full by beer?

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Oh man...... hate getting stuck, and hate hearing you had to spend 4 hrs. getting out.
    I have never been offered beer, as a form of payment, BUT I have alot of friends that will deff. "work for beer" (and 1 has a shirt that says just that)

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

be careful about taking beer as payment. in CT any commercial vehicle is absolutely not allowed to carry alcohol. we were doing our last fall cleanup job of the year last year, which is always done for free cause its a family member of a big account we have, and she always gives us a christmas card and some home baked goods and a pack a beer for taking care of her. we got pulled over at a randomn dmv truck squad stop and they put us through the ringer. even though the beer was un-opened, since we have dot numbers on the door and are a commercial company, they threw the book at us. they didnt even care that it was a gift. they even took the beer ( i wonder what the dmv cops did with it?)

4. tiedeman

from earth

they probably had a heck of a time with that beer.

5. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

It feels good to finally pull your truck out after being stuck for a while huh?

Been there.

6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

i worked with my uncle late one night last year. we were building a rock wall at his house and were at a demolitoin site getting a load of brick to use as fill.

about 10:30, we got our last load and were loaded too much and couldnt get out. our problem was we dug ourselves in so deep, that even when we emptied the load we were still stuck. we had to call his brother to drive out backhoe accross town, close to midnight and pull us out.

it was a mess, but happy when it was finished. even i had a beer that night:eek:

7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Spent 2 hours wednesday morning getting a chipper and chip truck unstuck before we could start the job.
    Pulled the chipper out with a pickup after fighting with it for 30 minutes.(110 horsepower chipper)
    Stay out the mud boys!
    Not much fun.

8. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well dvmcmrhp52, thanks for the advice but i love the mud! And will continue to play in it as long as it is here...man i wish i took pics of my truck about a week ago.:eek: lol

9. tiedeman

from earth

yup feels good. I came home with a six pack as well and covered in mud. Wife didn't like the mud situation, but I just smiled and drank a few beers

10. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

Never any beer.... but have had some women offer...... well, you get my drift :rolleyes: