Got taken

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-N-Garden Guy, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

This morning I was out at 6:00am to clear a few bussiness walks,I finished about 8:00 ,got a cup of joe and thought I would stop back and recieve payment at one of my new accounts.
    Its an Italian pizza shop,which I did frequent alot when my wife doesn't feel like cooking. Any how I went in and his wife that speaks very broken english says waite my husband will be out.So after about 5 min. he comes out with both barrels blazing and saying he won't pay me for a couple of shovel fulls of snow And I explained that the walks were salted and shoveled and he also pays for the insurance that I can be depended on to have him cleared before he opens which I met my end of the deal.Its not the $$, its just the principal that he thinks I will do it for pennies and he expects me to be there when he feels like. Luky for me there are two more pizza shops in town . Not too luky for him (Oh wonder if anyone picked up those 10 large garbage pies,wings and drinks that was ordered for lunch)OOPS! Paybacks are a b#tch LOL

2. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Should have been 11 pies.More power to ya!!!!:p

3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Very unprofessional.

So you basically turn out to be like the guy that stiffed you by ordering food from him and then stiffing him by not picking it up. Thats why we have small claim courts. How far will you go to get even with someone?

Sounds like you might be the type that if someone cuts in from of you to close on the road you will go into road rage.

4. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Let me say that it is wrong to do what he did, but if the facts are right, the pizza guy got what he deserved. Alot of those small mom and pop pizza joints are big stiffs.

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

"very unproffessional?" . ha, u want to get peed on, thats your business. i say order at least 10 pies everyday, and also tell everyone u talk to that u got food poisoning last time u ate there.

6. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Move on. That sort of thing will eat you up inside. Getting even should be reserved for the truly deserving like bin laden.

7. SpringValley

SpringValley LawnSite Member

:( I agree. It was very unprofessional to order the pizzas and not pick them up just to spite the owner. A lot of the mom & pop shops operate on very thin margins. Responses like those are exactly the type that give the rest of us in this industry a bad name. You should be ashamed of your behavior. I sure you could have worked something out with the owner.

Matt

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Just out of curiosity, how much money did you lose?

9. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Doesn't take much of a response from some people to see who's going to have a rough time being in business. :rolleyes:

10. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

yep, i have to agree with the above statement.

my part time job is working at a mom and pop shop. my boss used to be a big domino's franchisee up north and he said he'd much rather own the shop he has now. nice guy, very lenient if i have jobs to do and i'm late. also has some good food that the big chains don't offer.