got that job that i was low balled on last year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walterslawn&landscap, Mar 21, 2003.

1. walterslawn&landscap

walterslawn&landscap LawnSite Member

last year i turned in a bid for a church lawn and when the board met they said that i should have the job. and that i turned i a pro. bid an said what i was going to do . well i know all this because i have a Friend on the board. but when all the bids were lay ed out one man who's brother mows said that he wanted to change his bid well i knew something like this might happen. and i told my Friend that if i did to tell them just to take my bid out that we did not like to play games. so after a year they wont me to do it now because last year it was done bad and not kept ed up. so i got it now it's a good job 150.00 weekly for 2 1/2 hrs. work.
  2. onemancrew

onemancrew LawnSite Member
    from tn. #7

Good deal, just goes to show you that LOWBALLERS & scrubs are just passing though.
  3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Best of luck to you mowing this church. These can be a great form of advertisement for you, as a lot of members will see your work.

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

gravely man I am going to try that this year as well. The church I go to has 8.4 acres total area (about 4 or 5 after building and lots) and they have a 60" belly mower on a newer JD utility tractor and the members take turns in groups of two working at the place every week. There is alot of areas with newer trees and landscaping around the building where they cannot get that and it had to be push mowed. I volunteered to mow, trim and blow the area around the building figuring that I might get a little biz from it. It will also cancel out my tithing. The church has a congregation of over 1,000 members. :angel:
  5. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Tithing or not, unless you want to give up the free time you have, and is it worth the tithing?
    Did a church last year, 4 AC, PITA
    no organization, had the elders coming out and complaining, totally neglected before I showed up. Did the best I could to get ti in shape, but not for free.
  6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I'll only be doing an acre or so of actual grass around the building and landscaping. The rest is done by members with the utility tractor and also a LCO who goes there does part of it with his equipment. It's cheaper than tithing, they need the work done (they were considering getting a w/b) and it is kept clean anyway. If they were complaining then you were doing something wrong :D j/k ;)