got the kubota ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jasonp, Mar 17, 2001.

1. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I got the kubota ztr Friday and I love it. The 21 horses is plenty power for the 60 inch cut. The hydr deck lift is neat saves energy and the ride it rides pretty comfortable with the suspension seat. Just wait till all the exmark and chopper fans take a look at this one.

2. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

Can we see pictures???????
    I have the hopper 721d w/kubota diesel LOVE IT!!
    Keep us updated on the reliability as time goes on!

[Edited by skyphoto on 03-17-2001 at 06:43 PM]

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Congrats on your new mower. When are you going to post a picture of it? Is it the diesel? I have a 20 HP diesel on my JD and when I mowed with it, the 20 HP pulled the 60" deck without a problem.

4. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the new mower. I've been drooling over one of those since last fall when I demoed one. I considered one heavily before I bought the most recent Dixie, but I decided to stay consistant with the equipment. There may be one in my future though. I have to admit... they ride and handle better than even a Dixie, and that's not something I admit easily.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Any links to a Kubota web page with this mower? All I can get to is the heavy equipment stuff and industrial engines.
    Skyphoto,
    I dont think that there will be any reliability problems with a Kubota-anything! Probably wont hear much from Jason!

Good luck, and post some pics, Jason.

6. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Congrats man. By the way what do they say the
    blade tip speed is.

8. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I'll post some pics asap. The blade speed is 14440 fpm.
    The pto clutch is wet multi disk, which should last a long time.

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I used to have a 14,400 kps MODEM! What a speed demon from a 9600 baud! This seems a little slow for blade tip speed however, are you sure of this Jason? Most of todays rotary mowers are around the 18,000 + fpm zone.

10. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

14,440 is what the manual states, i dont know if its lower because kubota went with a shaft drive to a gear box then to a belt. The cut was good no matter what the tip speed was, so i didnt worry about it. The next thing is if I can get double blades on the mower?

[Edited by jasonp on 03-18-2001 at 12:02 AM]