1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

got the lift installed

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by kickin sum grass, Feb 14, 2005.

1. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

no more bending over and laying on my back to work on trucks and mowers. Great for changing blades ad engine work. Put it at the height you want and wrench away. 3033 bucks and I installed it myself. took about 3 or 4 hours.
    this pick is when I done rear brakes and shocks. Life is so easy now :cool2:

2. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I could use one of those :cool:

How much is that one rated for?
  3. kickin sum grass

9000 lbs. That is a 3500 with diesel engine on it and it did not even slow it down. I did a lot of research before buying one. It is called a whip, formally forward lift. It has wide base plates and the heavyest metal columns I could find for that price. It compared to a rotary and a few other more expensive brands. What really sold me was the drive thru clearence. It is a lot wider between post. You can pull in and there is enough room to open both doors enough to get into the truck from either side. No other lift offered that wide a drive thru. It also had heavy cylinders and equailizer cables.
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

youll find so many uses for it. we have a rotary lift at our shop, and we used it all the time. if you can justify buying one, i recommend it. makes workign on the vehicles so much easier.
  5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Is it just the picture or is the lift tilted to the left?
  6. kickin sum grass

no, i just need to learn how to hold my head straight...
  7. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Could have used that this morning, changing oil on a ford 450 dually. Not a big fan of getting on the creeper and trying to get under the truck being all crammed.

Looks like i might have to look into getting one.

Looks like a great setup...
  8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow, that is sweet. This may seem like a dumb question but what stabilizes those lifts from falling forward when a load is raised. I know they are anchored to the concrete but wouldn't the anchors pull out eventually. I know I sound dumb but I've never actually payed attention as to what kind of anchors hold them lifts down.
  9. slow release

slow release LawnSite Member

We put a lift in our shop 2 years ago. Similar to yours (10,000lb. cap I think). My F350 is just under the weight limit. It was definitely a solid investment. No more squeezing under my bosses Lightning! :dizzy:
  10. kickin sum grass

The load is balanced between the front and back. That way the load is pushing straight down rather than pitched forward or backward.

here is another pic: