Got the Stihl 110 today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RTallday, Jun 9, 2004.

1. RTallday

RTallday LawnSite Member

Well, i finally did it. I went to my local Stihl dealer and bought two 110rx trimmers, with the 4 mix engines. I also have their multi tool with the same engine. Very powerful engines, great torque even at half throttle. It actually makes it a pleasure to trim after we mow. They are a little heavier than my redmax trimmers but the fact that they are quieter and trim better make up for it. Anyway, i recommend these to anyone in the market for new trimmers. Just thought i would share my input on these machines.

-Rich

2. Brad Davis

Brad Davis LawnSite Member

I have been demo'ing a Redmax and I absolutely love it! If you say the stihl is better, maybe I should stay away from it so I don't have to sleep with it at night!

3. No Lawncares

No Lawncares LawnSite Member

I got one of them Stihl 110 2 weeks ago. Plenty of power, and nice machine, but gotta say I still use my good old Toro 90% of the time. Hey did you get a spool of their new trimmer line for free when you bought it. And if so what'd ya think of it?

4. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I picked up my new FS110 Today because of the reviews the guys gave here.

This thing is great. It doesn't seem as heavy compared to the FS66 I use (10years old). Its much quiter than the older model and cuts through 2 foot grass in one swoop.

I received $40 Canadian dollars of as the Sale price.

It was $89 dollars more than the FS85 which isn't 4mix.

I would love to try the FS220. (I think thats the model #)

5. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

are you talking about a doughnut pack or
    just the line already on the trimmer

i don't like the round line at all, infact
    every new trimmer or trimmer head i buy
    i replace the line before i ever leave the dealer

6. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

i love my FS 80R that i bought the other day from my dealer.....i owned a 4 mix and returned it cause it wasnt performing great..one day worked great one day it was a peice.

just my input

7. RTallday

RTallday LawnSite Member

Nope, no trimmer line for me. Just what was in the spools. Its still in one of them. Interestingly enough, i bought a small thing of husqvarna titanium line, and the stuff works great. I dont like the way its perforated, cause it seems to break more easily against concrete and such. I have used gator line forever, and still have 2 spools to go through. Ill see how that stuff works in the 110. By the way, its the 110rx, cause i never change the head, thats why I got the multi tool.

-Rich

8. Birddog Lawncare

Birddog Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

My dealer gave me a spool of Stihl line a few weeks back when I bought a new 110.

9. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

The free spool line is a deal going on right now. I picked up my new FS110r about a month ago and I LOVE IT. But boy does it like to suck down the gas like there is no tomorrow.

10. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Ya really. I read that it did, but now I know for sure it does.

Its like 1 - 1 1/2 hours use per tank full.