1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Got to admit, hasn't been bad so far.

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

September turned out to be more humid than hot. The last two weeks have been rather uncomfortable.

Today was the first nice day we've had. Of course I had to spend the day chasing down an axle for my trailer and replacing it.
  2. Not here...most of sept has been great. Today was great. Low humidity and breezy. But again, totally different areas.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, yesterday was really really nice. Humidity was what? In the low 70's? Today was a little warmer but very nice all in all but it was not as brisk as it was yesterday morning. I like waiting for the daylight to break and it is almost chilly, that is the best.
  4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Still doesn't feel like the right time of year. Next weekend is our annual Horror Nights trip and usually it's dry and cool at night. Not so sure this year.:usflag:
  5. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Thunderstorm here again last night, worked about 5 hours today and was soaked with sweat by 10:00 am. We were just being teased earlier this month. Business is continuing to build so no complaints here :clapping:
  6. DMlandscaping

DMlandscaping LawnSite Member

Same here. Today was 100% miserable. After the first couple of hours it already felt like I'd worked a full day!
  7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Yesterday was a five-shirt day. One of the top five most uncomfortable days of the year.

Honestly, it's been unusually humid ever since TS Isaac. Humidity has pretty consistently been north of 60% many days. I remember another year like this back about 1995 or 1996. Mild summer, hot and humid September.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I Keep a wash cloth in my Ice Chest. By cooling my head with a Ice pack or wet Ice cloth I can at least get some relief. A few 7-11 have walk in coolers that I will visit on most of these days.

9. DMlandscaping

DMlandscaping LawnSite Member

10. Crazy, the last 2 weeks here have been great. Breezes, lower humidity. Today was nice too....
    Posted via Mobile Device