got to fire the wife!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wobblez, May 26, 2003.

1. wobblez

wobblez LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I think i may have to fire the wife if she can't brake her old habits.
    since we are just stating out we use 21" push mowers and the one thing i can not get her to do is use all of the 21" to mow. she just cuts the grass with half of the mower. I keep telling her that is double cutting and taking twice as long, but she keep saying she grow up doing it that way. So LOL i told her i was going to fire her and post it on here since we both spend time every day reading and learning on this site. other then that she is my best (and only) employee think I should fire her. LOL

Thank God the rain has stoped for now.

2. Andrew S

Andrew S LawnSite Member

Boy I bet you're going to live in the dog house now!

3. Brendan

Brendan LawnSite Member

Wobblez cooking for yourself now?????

4. lahanko

lahanko LawnSite Member
    from NY

My wife would say, “I’ll share in the profits regardless if I mow or not, so what difference does it make how I mow or how long it takes, double cutting is better than not cutting at all”. If I pushed the issue my wife would say, “Do it your self”. I sure love my wife.
    How many wives do you know that would actually mow grass? Mine does and I have learned to leave her alone on issues such as this. I actually consider myself lucky and I am sure you consider yourself lucky as well.

5. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

You better watch out!

Just be patient and work with her on it, some help is better then no help at all.

jim

6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

haha--you have alot to learn regarding the employee/wife relationship!

and many people on here double cut alot of the time anyway....

good luck!

GEO

7. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Mom and Pop operations. LOL

8. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I think you should consider yourself lucky to have a wife that has a working interest in the business. Let her work when she wants to work...let her break when she wants to break...and most of all, if her way yields quality results...give her a raise and tell her what a good job she's doing.

My wife don't want no part in my business. Nothing...
    Her being a secretary you think she would help with the books. Nope. I do it all.

9. Firefighter Dave

Firefighter Dave LawnSite Member

My wife plays a big part in the business. She tolerates me gone more than I need to be because this is my second job, she cleans my dirty & grass stained clothes. And the biggest part she helps with, she takes a lot of the money I make.

Still love her more than the day I married her though....

Dave

:blob2: :blob2:

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Get her a 42" WB then she will be cutting the same amount as you.

My wife works with... RE-PHRASE that;

I work with my wife and she runs the Toro 44"WB along with all the billing. I can't afford to get the boss mad!