1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Got to get back in the swing of things.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MIDSOUTH, Mar 24, 2001.

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

Man, winter kicked my butt, I cut about 1600.00 worth of grass this week and I am sore from head to toe. I got to get loosed back up quick. Hey if you northerners would like for me to put you some frsh cut green grass in bag and send it to you I will, HaHa.
  2. Why thnks Midsouth. I have not had any green in months.
    All we have able to get up North is brown this winter.

But don't tell Charles he might call he DEA and BATF.
  3. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

Man I heard that about being sore. I was out yesterday for 8 hours doing spring cleanups. I did mow a acre, mainly to mulch leaves and get it back down from last LCO that did not cut it low enough or late enough in the year. I picked up and hauled away 16 33 gallon trash cans full of mulched leaves and 6 cans of sticks.

I am so out of shape from winter that I am just worn out from one hard day!
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I hear ya on the out of shape. I worked just in the after noon the past 3 days and I'm so sore I took today off. :)
  5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Ive tasted the easy life this winter and am not looking forward to starting cleanups this year.

I cleared as much moving snow two days a month as I do a whole months worth of mowing.

Friday, myself and another fellow installed 24 replacement windows in a home for a contractor. Approximately 6800 worth of materials, 50 dump fee plus per diem for myself and the helper, the contractor collected his check for 12,500. Im in the wrong biz. I figure he cleared in a day what I would clear in a month. And he wasnt even there, the contractor was 20 miles away installing a hardwood floor.
  6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Ive been doing spring cleanups all week! I cant beleave how out of shape i have gotten all winter! After 5 or 6 hours of work im tired! 2 or 3 weeks from now ill be working 10-12 hour days so i better get back in shape fast!
  7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Its amazing how fast we get lazy and out of shape. Thats probably because we're all on Lawn Site all winter long! I did a little work last week and wound up taking a nap in the afternoon.
  8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You sound as bad as me Bob, LOL. :)

During the winter I have a hard time figuring out what day of the week it is, but now I am already looking forward to weekends off. :)

The older you get, the worse this gets, so you can about figure I am hurting all over. :(
  9. Pauls Mowing

Pauls Mowing LawnSite Member

I like your offer, Midsouth, and I'll send you a bag of snow!!

10. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

Worked a few hours during the week and 7 1/2 today. I'm out of shape and 15lbs over weight in a few weeks I know I will be at least 10 lbs lighter and working 10-12 hr days. It doesn't take long to get out of shape and not too long to get back into the swing of things its getting that motivation back thats hardest.