got to love spring mowing!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by corey4671, May 13, 2008.

1. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

hey...did this TWICE this morning...this was the first time!! Probably needs it again right now. Supposed to rain tomorrow. Care to guess what I'll be doing?

spring scraping.jpg

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i can honestly say i have never done that before. but i run scags :waving::waving:

3. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

That's why I want one of those jacks or a frontmount mower. Wet grass will build up under just about anything. I wish I had a good way to get my Ferris up in the air to change/sharpen blades and clean it out.

4. corey4671

I honestly don't know how I ever got by without it. It is SO simple. even considering another one just to keep in the shop because I'm lazy and want to have one on the trailer and one in the shop. :laugh:

5. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

or you could just do like the rest of us and turn the blades off and all the grass falls out anyway.

6. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

Im sure that doesn't work for alot of people

7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Same for the gravely X-Factor deck. We have had rain rain and more rain this spring and I havent cleaned anything out from under the deck yet. Nothing builds up under there no matter what the conditions are like.

8. corey4671

every mower I've ever had has had buildup under it.

9. corey4671

oh and btw I'm running double blades too. grass is just wet and sappy.

10. dclark2037

dclark2037 LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I had to do that 4 times on one job the other day. I also run a ferris and I just run the mower up on the gate of the trailer with one wheel on and one off. Put the right set of wheels on the left side and vice versa. works for changing blades also. I don't suppose it's very professional but it works.