Got to put my hands on the new 36'' chopper!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric 1, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a chance to use a new 36'' chopper yesterday, it has 3 blades on it now. It has a 22hp generac. I worked well a bit tipsy because it is so narrow. I have never used any other small ztrs so i cant compare it but it seemed to cut vary well.Because of the high hp it never bogged on me at all. Most of the features are the same as other silver eagles.

Anybody else seen one yet?

2. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

my dealer has one but it only has a 20HP on it

3. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

splatz100, demo the chopper and compare with your PM34Z ! I would luuv to know your thoughts.

4. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

i'll try to do that. I was thinking about buying the dixie but it wasnt worth the extra $$, and it had a 36" not a 34".

5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I honestly think it will be hard for anybody to come out with a better small ZTR than the PM34Z. We have one and it is built so solid and produces a nicer cut than even our Lazer. It might be just as good but better I cant immagine.

6. bplawncare

bplawncare LawnSite Member

is that a 36 in rider ur talkin about? if so what do they cost?

7. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Whats the point of a 36" ztr if they cant go through 36" gates? I have never understood that.

If you needed something to go through 48" gates why not just get a 44"? For me I need something that will go through 36" gates, therefore the gravely 34" is my next purchase.