1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

got trapped in a yard yesterday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by corey4671, Sep 18, 2007.

1. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

have a yard that the owners have the house for sale and have moved out of state. There is a chain link fence all the way around it and a motorized gate that I have th remote control for. WELL, late yesterday, it was the last one on the route as it is three doors down from my house. I keep the remote on the mower with me while I mow. The gate automatically closes and I just open it again when I am through with the yard which takes about 10 minutes to mow. I get done and am headed back to the trailer...hit the remote and nothing happens. Realize the battery is dead. Now there is a 4 ft walk through gate, however the owner has padlocked it...SO..yep, had to climb the fence. Luckily there is a convenience store right down the street..owned by Indians...FIVE BUCKS for a freakin 9 volt battery!! To top that, I didn't have enough sense to take the remote with me so.yep...had to climb the fence AGAIN!! Sigh..
  2. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

dude that sucks. atleast you got your mower back on the trailer.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, atleast there were no no stairs and a walk behind involved! :walking: ;)
  4. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

What a classic.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Calvin and his Stair Climbing System...that is a dozen pages of laughs for sure :laugh:
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Those were the Good Old Days weren't they Rod?
  7. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

300 million sperm and that was the one that made it?
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

they sure where Richard...I crack up just thinking about that scenario and all the responses...especially the part where Calvin goes to retrieve his mower, sees that it's gone, and later finds out the customer's kid drives it through the fence and tears up her garden...what a hoot! :laugh:
  9. Langford2000

Langford2000 LawnSite Member

My luck - A cop would have been driving through about the time I came over the fence.:rolleyes:
  10. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Make sure you mark up that battery to say $25!! :laugh: