I'd say 95% of the sod square I got look like this: BUT the other 5% or so has a decidedly dull dark green color and appears very very thin and needle like in structure. Those pictures were taken during somewhat low light conditions but were both taken within 30 seconds of each other, from roughly the same distance, and in the same area of the yard. On some of the sod squares I see a bit of zoysia and a bit of the weird grass, and other times I see amost all zoysia and just a bit of the weird grass. But some of the sod squares are pretty much nothing but 100% 'weird grass'. I suspect that this may be some sort of infant stage of the palisades zoysia, or a reaction to some conditions it may have been under at the sod farm. But I wanted to be sure that I'm not planting a small amount of some alien grass in with my zoysia that might cause me big headaches down the road.