Got us a Rubber Duck

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Sep 28, 2013.

1. mxridernorth

mxridernorth LawnSite Senior Member

That looks like the machine that was bailing pre-load sand off hwy 17 by the ferries.

2. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

Last time I saw that thing, the pumps were finished, did they get redone?

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That was the holding area for pick up, so who knows.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. bobcat_ron

Our 60" Flail US Mower finally showed up after a 4 week delay and got put to work, runs fast, smooth and I think it would do very well in a future Zombie Apocalypse.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Small video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIVwxDvohNk

5. mxridernorth

mxridernorth LawnSite Senior Member

I'm surprised you haven't swapped company stickers for the obvious (and more up your alley) alternative.

6. bobcat_ron

I have it too good here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

That is nice, fear no zombies!

8. bobcat_ron

An update, we've had the 180B for more than a year and it's doing good, not great, but good, the transmission/drive motor blew up right on the road earlier this July, luckily it had enough oil supply to get it back to the yard, but it wasn't cheap and it cost 2 weeks of down time.
    Last I checked, it was rolling up on 9950 hrs, and tight as a virgin flower in all boom points, just amazing quality for an 8 year old machine. We are finding use for it when it's not suited, but we make do with it and it just tests you more when you are maneuvering around ugly sites and makes you appreciate tracks.
    We have more work for the wheeled excavator now since last year and it's busy 90% of the year doing local municipal work related to ditch and road side mowing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now the mower..........it's been somewhat of a ginger red headed step child that no one wants to adopt............it went through main bearings every 3 weeks since this Spring.
    6 in total.
    Tried new bearings, different grease, more grease/less grease intervals. No luck.
    So we had a month break in between road side mowing and field ditching, so we sent it back to US Mower and they found out the shaft was way out of balance and too much end play. So we will wait and see.
    It works great, 6" trees are no match and it loves thick blackberries brambles.
    It just develops a rather unhealthy appetite for hog wire and lost fences it seems to find everywhere. This one took me 30 minutes to cut through.
    [​IMG]

Some of the ugliness we deal with.
    [​IMG]

9. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Ron,The best grease I have found is paragon 3000 from texas refineie. Is like $9 bucks a tube but get 500-700 hours out of the bearings,only 2 pumps per 10 hours.
    minimax

10. bobcat_ron

Is it a white or slightly white'ish grey stuff? We use something that "says" it's for high speed bearings, we grease every 3 hrs. It's been about a month now on the new bearings.