Gotta love some customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lampeslawnservice, Mar 30, 2005.

1. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Yesterday went to give a lady an estimate on her yard about 7000 sqft, not a lot of trimming no driveway, fenced in backyard but not much mowing there (1500 sqft.) but anyway she doesn't want the works just a mow and go type thing. I even asked if I could use the rider to save her time and money, she said yes no problem. I told her $37.50 every week, she says yes but lets just make it an even $40. Sweet, I wish I had more customers like you. BTW, I figure tops it will take 20 minutes to do! Thats the 8th new customer this season so far and most all of them are refers from other customers all said they heard of good quality and wanted to try me out. Any one else have any customers like this?
  2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

She is not from my neck of the woods. :D These are nice when you come across them.
  3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

WOW thats unheard of :realmad:
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I dont get it? You ask them which mower you can use?
  5. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I do the same, homeowners around here want me to use the 21" in the front yards, use whatever in the back....I have talked to some other LCO's and they say that some homeowners are tired of the blow and go mowing companies???
  6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

No doubt....who's running your or them?
  7. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

One of our customers that we mow for $52.50 a week that we picked up this year said, "Do whatever needs to be done to my yard whenever, and send me the bill at the end of the month." Her yard is a breeze, it has no grass in the backyard so you just have to mow the front with the Stander while the other person weedeats. Takes no more than 25-30 minutes.
  8. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

We definately try to stick mostly to our walk behinds and Stander when we get new yards. I (Not sure about my brother) don't have a problem with anyone asking for use of the 21" mowers. If they ask for it, and it takes 2x as long as it would with the walk behind, they will get charged 2x as much. You can't just turn down customers b/c you want to always use your biggest mowers because eventually the customers that came to you with the hope of you using a 21" mower will add up to be a lot of money in the long run that you could have had.

Mark Wood
  9. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

Same time last year, a customer said "charge whatever, I am not worried about the cost"......she paid the first two months on time, late the next month after that....finally we had to cancel her service..she simply could not pay for the service. I guess what I am saying is that when a customer wants to pay more or acts like money is no object-they are bad with money and cannot afford your service...
  10. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

server must be too busy