Gotta love thieves..

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by CALandscapes, Jul 26, 2008.

1. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Just figured I'd let you boys know to keep your trailers LOCKED when you're not in sight of them..

I had four guys in a back yard and, while they were there, someone took it upon themselves open the door to the enclosed and take the blower ($500) and a weedeater ($400).

I swear these thieves must have some bal*s. Four men less than 100 ft. away but you're gonna walk in to a trailer and grab equipment?

I wish that one of my guys would have caught whoever it was....

2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Good ol' NOLA....gotta love it!!!

3. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

that sucks

4. gosselin142258

gosselin142258 LawnSite Member
    from Mass

are you 100% positive the other 4 are real honest guys?

5. CALandscapes

Absolutely.

All four have been with me over a year.. Additionally, I had two friends on the same contract (Government cleanout work) in the same area with two-cycle machines stolen in the past couple of months..

6. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

4 guys for a back yard? please tell me it was 30 acres. thank god you got insurance so its nothin out of your pocket, right?

7. CALandscapes

Yeah, 4 guys for a backrad. The crew was doing cleanout work on houses that have been neglected since Hurrican Katrina (3 years), so 4 guys in a backyard was nothing; some of the more neglected houses take nearly a half of a day and will yield 100+ cu. yds. of debris.

I absolutely have contractor's insurance, though it wouldn't make much since to pay a $1,000 deductible for $900 worth of stolen equipment...