Usually this time of year I'd just refer them to someone else. I figure if they are waiting this long, that there's a situation there that I don't want to be part of. Anyways, got a call yesterday, had to meet with them today, and I figured I'd put a bid on this one. It's the local city. We're already doing the township parks and such around there. In the past, they'd hired out to temp agencies and such, and leased their own mower. Now they've decided that since the lease is up on the mower, that they should decide if they should hire out the mowing or not. Now mind you, we just had 4" of snow a week ago, so don't go thinking that there's acres and acres of grass that's 8" tall already, most hasn't even turned SLIGHTLY green yet, let along start to grow. Anyways, just got done typing up the bid, I'll submit it for $19,950, or a flat $3325 / month for 6 months. We'll see what happens. I've been thinking about hiring on a guy, full time yearly, salaried in the tune of $40,000, so this would be about 1/2 of his wages in about 2/3 day mowing / week. This is based on 22 weeks of mowing. Soooo.... anyways, seems like just when you've gotten all the calls you think you're going to get, there's always one or two that throw you for a loop.