1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gotta love those tissues in the lawn.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by troblandscape, Apr 17, 2004.

1. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

I just started cutting on Thursday, I never saw so many tissues on my lawns before.... I picked most of them up, but did run over a few with the Z, :angry: It makes me very angry when one tissue can turn into 50 pieces..., do any of you guys have the same problem..... Throw your tissues in the trash@!!!!!!!!:blob2:
  2. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Never had that problem....but what i hate is the dang hoses, the green ones that blend in with thick grass, and get rapped around the blades......:angry:
  3. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

or worst yet the dog chains :blob2: :blob2: I almost hit a few of them and if I did I would have been pissed:blob2: :blob2:
  4. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate it when it is really windy and they blow under the deck. I usually move them with my ez reach, or discharge side. At least I haven't ran over any hidden newspapers- a former employee did once and it was UNreal the mess it made.
  5. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

I hit a sunday paper with a snowblower...... Wow, it was a seen....
  6. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep i hit one, it messed the blades up, but the worst part was, i had seen it and thought to go around it. But i forgot.....:cry:
  7. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Messing up my blades is one thing....... the chain coming out of the ground braking and smacking my face is another!!!!! Thats what i worry about.
  8. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

yeah..... I hate the tissues that ust jump right out in front of ya, an cause ya more work. Problem is, I just say, hell, no problem, I will just run over em again a suck em up....Now ya got a thousand pieces!!! Just did it once though....Learned ta pick em up real fast!!;) ;) :D
  9. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

i hit a sunday paper, boston globe with an ariens 1332 before. Didnt come out the shoot, wish it did. 3 hours later it was out and my hands were freezing.
  10. flam41

flam41 LawnSite Member

I hit a ciggeret (sp) box one time, there was more tissue & foil in that package than a box of klenex.