Goulds or Flint & Walling jet pump

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ple_1969, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

By the way, the standard blue nozzle should get you close to the listed 35 feet at less than 30 psi (don't trust that pressure gauge reading all that much) - you don't have to use the breakup screw all that much, except for when you need to cut distance.

2. ple_1969

ple_1969 LawnSite Member

Boots, with the jig I made up I was getting about 33' with the blue nozzle from my home. I cracked the screw just a hair just to get a little better water dispersion. 33' between the heads is what I using to design the system.

maxi1.jpg

maxi2.jpg

maxi3.jpg

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

They STILL make those heads? :dizzy: (Not bad application, I admit).

4. Wet_Boots

It's the part-circle operation that makes best use of the un-diffused performance, with the coverage in one direction of rotation reinforcing the coverage of the other direction. With the head-to-head spacing you will have, you are good either way.

5. Wet_Boots

If your trees are prone to dropping twigs (some are, go figure) then you will want to look for any getting caught under the head covers. It's a strictly random happening, but I believe it can be responsible for the covers coming loose, when a heavy mower runs over the cover, and breaks a tab(s) that secures the cover.

6. ple_1969

ple_1969 LawnSite Member

Boots, never thought of that. I do have 2 oaks in my front yard that drops some twigs when it get windy. I'll keep an eye on the once I install the system.