1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gov. Dams? Worth it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by N.H.BOY, Apr 1, 2008.

1. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Does any one do or have done Dams, like the Army Corps of Engineer. They own these dams in some states and was just wondering how the Gov. treats those who maintain them. I was looking at the bid bidder and there are alot of "rules" no weekends, holidays grass cut height etc.:confused: I have seen some of the property and it looks like a steep one. I have a chance to bid on a few and was just wondering if anyone else has these. Thanks
  2. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i have a corp bid. i love it. great contract. i mow the visitors center at a lake here and a friend had the damn bid for 12 years before retiring. he loved the damn and had the equipment to do it. read thru the bid packet real close and do everything it says.
  3. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

what is the bid bidder ?
  4. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

yea i would like to know that aswell what is the bid bidder:confused:
  5. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

i think it's like those cut cutters under your deck. close i think.
  6. N.H.BOY

Oh it's the booklet that has all the info after the property. It's 45 pages long:hammerhead: all info you need to "bid". Gov. terms I guess. Anyone done these dams?? good bad the ugly?
  7. N.H.BOY

Total of about 12 acres some parts weekly some monthly. Any luck with these?
  8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

NH Boy, you don't happen to have a high pitched voice do ya? LOL Being surrounded by all females can have this affect. LOL ;)
  9. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Scott- charge what you want to- make sure you make note of those 'monthly' mowing and charge $$$$ accordingly. Bid it to make money- if you get it good - for the person who underbids it (good luck)
  10. N.H.BOY

Yea Im bidding this one really high they got a 27 degree slope, that will be done by Jason for sure:laugh: