Government Mowing Contract

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by curry, Jul 3, 2001.

1. curry

curry LawnSite Member

I am going to bid on a COR property contract. The contract specs indicate that pesticide and herbicide be applied on the property(approximately 40,000 sq ft) I do not have a pesticide license. Can I sub-contract the spraying to a friend that is licensed? Also, do you have to have a license to spread fertilizer? What would the going rate be to do this.

2. sunrise

sunrise Banned

Yea you will need a lic. to use fert.
    Also watch ever step you do useing pesticides you will have a least two inspection of you job and records.
    nd getting paid from the is slow 30 plus days.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Here in NC you do not need a license to apply just fertilizer, if it has any additives then you do. Check with your local ag. agency.

4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are in Waco, Texas you will not need a license for just Fert.

5. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Also check your specs, sometimes they have to approve of subcontractors.

6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

we do work for the state .... sub out the pest work ... yes they pay net 30 BUT they PAY GOOD n right on time ...each time ... not just anyone can bid, they like large liability insurance & WC .... consistent n realiable work ... good luck ;->

7. I have several years owning businesses where I have held several government contracts. and a lot of getting paid is to do proper billing. I routinely sub-contract all types work to other that have proper license plus add my per centage. This is called business. I make all sub-contractors sign a NO COMPETE agreement where they agree to pay me a set fee should they "steal" my customer.
    Trey Bernhardt

bmw-lawn-service-210-379-7569-2008-small.jpg

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

NO you cant.

unless it's approved by the engineer, I'm taking it that you have never done Government work before.

9. Here it is February 2010 * I made it through the winter. Now spring is right around the corner. I shall start advertising for SPRING CLEANING & property cleanup services. Keeps the kiddies fed & spending money in the wife's pocket. I only haul stuff to BFI & Waste Management Dump sites so if you do clean up remember dump charges. I had a terrible accident a couple weeks back when a guy made a left into my truck. We crashed headon (55 mph crash)& demolished my truck. But back to work in a rental truck, now keeping up 5 Walmart & Sams properties monthly. At least we eat! Praise the Lord.

trey_junkman.jpg