Government Set-Aside Directory

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by cleancutccl, Aug 7, 2007.

1. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Has anybody heard of this? They keep calling me saying its government work that you don't have to bid for, government agencies just call you and you do the work. Sound like a scam but wanted to know others thoughts on this directory.

2. redneck1198

redneck1198 LawnSite Member

never heard of it down here

3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Do you buy onto the list? Sounds like a scam to me.

4. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

You buy onto the list, but they say its a money back guarantee if you don't get a job that covers the ad fee. However, I've asked them to fax me the sheet that says this before I think about whether or not to do it and it has never shown up. I'm convinced its a scam.

5. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

If you have to buy on to the list, it's definitely a scam. Just think about it. If there was definitely enough need for something like this, why would they charge you money to know about it? If they're that short on landscapers then they'd want as many of them as possible to join. So it would be free.

Furthermore, is there any kind of screening you have to go through? They don't check license, bond, insurance, or references? This is highly suspicious as well. You don't just pay to sign up for some stupid list and then government agencies just start throwing jobs at you, no questions asked.

RUN!!! :walking: