GPH on your Z-Turns

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by naturescaretaker, Nov 28, 2010.

1. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

I am interested in what everybody is getting for a gallons per hour on their z-turn(s). Please specify which model you have as well as engine.
  2. santafe

santafe LawnSite Member

27hp kaw liquid cool, exmark 60 and scag tt 61 both burn about 1.8 gph
  3. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

Same here on the 27HP Kawa air cooled in a John Deere Z830A, but it will use a little more if I'm in really heavy stuff, and a little less if you're doing some light cutting. I also have a BobCat FastCat Pro with 20HP Kawa and it uses around 1 GPH.
  4. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2007 Lastec Articulator ZT with a 61" deck and 32 HP Generac Engine. I avg. about 1.6 GPH in normal cutting and about 1.8 in heavy cutting.
  5. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Come on folks... really would appreciate some feedback here.
  6. ironmantk

ironmantk LawnSite Member
    from FL

i have a 29dfi Kawi on a Grasshopper 3 series w/ 60" highlift blades 1.2 gph. had a Kubota on that mower before it blow up... got .9 gph or better! just stuck a honda 20 hp in a walker mt with 52" running 6 gaterblades and getting .65 gph !!! Wow, not even broke in yet and it is mowing awesome too!
  7. fastbs

fastbs LawnSite Member

61" bobcat kawi fx921v
    1.6 gph
  8. TheUfan

TheUfan LawnSite Member

2 kubota d902 diesels on toro and grasshopper, .85gph
  9. blake101

blake101 LawnSite Senior Member

29 Kaw on a 60 in Exmark. 1.6 gph
  10. Johnagain

Johnagain LawnSite Senior Member

What nobody ever thinks about is what blades you run. I usually run medium lifts and was getting about 1.3gph on a 26 lq kaw 52in Scag. I ran sand blades on the same area a different week and was less than .9gph for the mower. This HOA takes 8 hrs. to mow only and with the med lifts I have to refill, and with the low lifts I had about a gallon lift in the tank.