GPS for Lawn Routes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by roblandscape, Apr 9, 2006.

1. roblandscape

roblandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from phila

DO you know if there is a product that log routes? I am looking for a GPS that I can have in the cutting trucks that will show my Employees how to get to the next lawn. I have invested so much time in showwing employees lawn routes. I want to be able to have a computer tell them where to go next. Does this exist yet? I would think UPS and Fedex would be running this? Thanks For the imput.
  2. RAW

RAW LawnSite Member
    from NC

We use Nextel and TeleNav.
  3. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

I have Delorme streets altas 2005 its great will take you to the front door of a house.
  4. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i am getting a GPS system installed in the Jeep. it will help me find customers hous's better, but more importantly, the major dealers of all commercial equipment are 40+ miles away. i am buying a shindaiwa trimmer, and i have to out to CT to get it. GPS will minimize downtime and embarassment due to getting lost.
  5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

There is a Shindaiwa dealer 1/2 mile north of Mass pike exit 3 in Westfield, Bovat's. Small dealer but a good guy to do business with.
  6. hostingdiva

hostingdiva LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Some of the higher end GPS systems let you preprogram the routes so that would like work...

Seriously though, I can't wait until they make cars that you can preprogram for your employees. All they do is get in and the car drives them to where they have to be -- then you just have to get them to work :rolleyes: